Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Best Laid Plans

       It was bound to happen sooner or later. I was hoping for later, but you can't choose when you want to be sick. These past three days have proven to me yet again that sometimes, plans just aren't going to work out the way you thought they would. The timing was extra unfortunate since I was supposed to say goodbye to my class yesterday, and I was supposed to leave for Mole National Park today. Instead, I've been lying in bed attempting to eat and watching an IV drip, drip, drip, drip... Listening to the bus pull away without me this morning was definitely not one of the highlights of my trip.
       After receiving some stellar care from my host families, I'm on the mend and feeling more like myself. I am also more than determined to make it to Mole tomorrow to meet up with the group and see my fair share of elephants and baboons. Until then, I'll just keep lying around. Since they took my IV out, I'll have to watch something else. Perhaps the fan will do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! an IV? Sounds serious!! Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully you're right as rain before too long so you can enjoy your remaining time there!! Take care Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete